Saturday, June 09, 2007

=) YEN.... YEN....

hello, yup, today's quite boring... until evening time whereby i launched off from my seats....
well basically today i did my homeworks... Then in the evening, went out to do the necessary things, in which one of them was to convert my Sg $ to Japan Yen....Before, i had already asked my parents to change it for me in Back there in Medan as i thought that it will be cheaper as there are less loss during conversion: rupiah to yen straight rather than rupiah to singapore dollar then to yen... But guess what, my parents told me that back there they did only have 10000 yen notes, no small changes.... Therefore, Just now i tried to get small changes.

It did not give a resounding answer.... I went to chinatown as there was a 'famous' Moneychanger(Located near LIM CHEE GUAN BAK QUA STALL) that gives the friendliest deal in town...It was not successful also because they gave the reason liKE" we only have 'BIG' notes no small changes"

I had even approached every moneychanger stalls that existed in Chinatown... all gave the same reason " no small changes"
But still, i suspects that they have.... its just that they are not willing to change it for me... because guess how much am i changing????


50 BUCKS #$%@^#

Cool doesn't it! i'm the only bizarre guy who wanted to change 50 Bucks only.....
Of course during that time, i came across some funny expressions, which was surely due to what i was trying to do....
_________________
i approached the moneychanger stall, where there the two worker sitting outside the cubicle.....
"OI UNCLE, HOW MUCH JAPAN YEN CAN I GET FOR 1 DOLLAR SINGAPORE?"

after a few seconds punching the calculator, he turned to me and said " 79 YEN"

well the fact is this stall gave the best rate for that instances, while the so called "famous" stall gave 78.6YEN

so, i just drew out a 50 Bucks notes from my pocket, held it by the two ends while facing him. His smile gradually turned into a cold stare.... He raised his eyebrows.... and asked me," Is that all you got?"

I said yes and at that particular instances, he threw his face from me and dileberately ignored me.... SHIOK !!!

__________________________

Another incident was when i was walking away from the money changer. As you all had known, i 'jumped' from one moneychanger to another.... There was a time when someone tapped my shoulder... I turned and i saw an old uncle, who was the customer of the previous money changer that i had visited before....
He said that if i wished to change to YEN i should consider that stall instead....when i asked how much he changed, he said 40k YEN... Then i understand that it is possible because he must had been given 10000YEN notes....

While what i am looking now is small notes like 1000 Yen because as adviced by the teachers, to refrain from bringing 10000Yen notes as they may not have change for that amount... sigh* its quite a nice experience after all.... K... cya good night......

No comments: